Privacy, cookie and IPR policy
Collection of personal data
IDTM may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- First name
- Place of residence
- Company/Business address
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline/mobile phone)
- User name
- Company/hospital name
- Profession/practice area
- Information concerning the preferences or interests in terms of communication, meals, certain services or products
- Information concerning certain kinds of behaviours which are related to the scientific research
- Information concerning your use of the Website (such as IP address, browser type, the web pages you visited when you obtained access to the Website)
- Communication preference
- Purchase history
- Payment and bank information
IDTM also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. As such, IDTM shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the Website, and what your IP address is. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows IDTM to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website and to send more targeted communication.
Methods of personal data collection
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Registration for IDTM events
- Collaboration with IDTM
- Visiting the Website
- Subscribing to the newsletter (via the Website or not)
- The verification of your identity
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with IDTM
- The exchange of business cards
The personal data collected by IDTM are therefore expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal information
IDTM may use your personal information:
- for the purpose of IDTM-related events registrations;
- to provide you with practical information on the event you registered for;
- for IDTM customer management;
- to deliver benefits (e.g. lower fee or the IDTM newsletter);
- to administer this Website;
- to keep statistic records;
- for performing an age check;
- to enable you to share your personal information with exhibitors, sponsors and/or partners of an event/course/workshop, after having received your consent;
- to enable your access to and use of the Website services;
- to send you invoices and collect payments from you;
- to keep you updated on future events of IDTM;
- to share you contact information with third parties (who may for example approach you with information on other event - not organized by IDTM - or for commercial reasons), after having received your consent.
Disclosure of personal information
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, IDTM may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
In all other cases, IDTM will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as defined below, please contact email@example.com :
- Right of access to personal data which IDTM possibly has concerning you;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten');
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data;
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned manner.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about IDTM activities, services and/or events, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of personal data
IDTM undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this Website will be protected by encryption technology.
Notwithstanding IDTM security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, IDTM is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Information that IDTM collects will be stored and processed in the EU, but may be created in, or shared and transferred to the country where e.g. the event takes place or where IDTM may operate.
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) any other mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data.
IDTM’s website may contain links to other websites. In no event, IDTM is responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
If you have any complaints about the way IDTM collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Working Group via below contacts.
- Via e-mail: email@example.com
- Via post: ID Trust Medical, Diestsevest 43/0001, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Last updated: 28 May 2018
1.2. IDTM may change, supplement or amend this policy as it relates to any future use of the Website from time to time, for any reason, by conspicuously posting a revised policy on the Website.
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. They help IDTM to optimize a visit to the website by a visitor (hereinafter the “Visitor”), to remember technical choices (e.g. choice of language, a newsletter, etc.) and to show more relevant services and offers. If the Visitor wants to consult the Website, IDTM recommends that the cookies are turned on. However, if the Visitor prefers not to do this, he is always free to not turn them on.
This Website uses different types of cookies.
1. Strictly necessary cookies
As the name suggests these cookies are strictly necessary to enable the Visitor to move about the Website or to provide certain features the Visitor has requested.
2. Functionality cookies
These cookies enhance the functionality of the Website by storing the Visitor’s preferences. For example, the Visitor can set his profile on the homepage.
3. Tracking cookies
These cookies will outlast user sessions. If a persistent cookie has its Max-Age set to 1 year, then, within that year, the initial value set in that cookie will be sent back to the server every time the Visitor visits the server. This is used to record a vital piece of information such as how the Visitor initially came to this Website. For this reason they are also called tracking cookies. For example, once the Visitor has selected his preferred language, the Website will record this preference in a persistent cookie set on the Visitor’s browser. When the Visitor then revisits the Website it will use that persistent cookie to ensure that the content is delivered in the Visitor’s preferred language.
4. Performance cookies
5. Third party cookies
To support IDTM’s communications IDTM embed the content of social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter and IDTM makes use of sharing possibilities on social networks. The channels IDTM uses may present cookies from these websites and does not control these. The Visitor should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
3. Opting out of cookies
There are a number of options available to avoid the storage of cookies. Please visit the websites of the different browsers to learn how to block the storage of cookies. Besides avoiding storage, it is also possible to delete at any time the current installed cookies on your computer.
- Apple Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
The Visitor needs to bear in mind that if he decides to delete all of his cookies, he will likely have to re-enter all of his usernames and passwords on all of the websites that he visited, which he previously didn’t even have to think about. As mentioned before, cookies can be a real asset to the web surfing experience.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication, adaptation of all or part of the website, whatever the mean or the process used, is forbidden without prior written approval from”ID Trust Medical”. Any unauthorized use of the website or of one of its elements will be considered an infringement and will be prosecuted according to the provisions of Art. L.335-2 and seq. of the Intellectual Property Act.
Photo credits: ID Trust Medical
Video editing: ID Trust Medical